Wendy Webster Good Fine Art
11 Ocean Avenue | PO Box 1794 | Kennebunkport, ME 04046
Consignment Sales Agreement between
Artist Name: ________________________________________________________
Phone: ______________Cell Phone: ______________ Email: ________________
and the gallery: The Port, 11 Ocean Avenue, Kennebunkport, ME 04046 hereby enter into the following Agreement:
1. Agency: Purposes. The Artist appoints the Gallery as agent for the works of art (“the Artworks”) consigned under this Agreement, for the purposes of exhibition and sale. The Gallery shall not permit the Artworks to be used for any other purposes without the written consent of the Artist.
2. Duration of Contract. The Artist and the Gallery agree that the initial term of contract for the Artworks is to be June 8,2021 through June 28,2021 at that time, the Artist does not intend to request their return before the end of this term.
3. Compensation: The Gallery shall pay Artist seventy percent (70%) of the retail price with thirty percent (30%) remaining to the Gallery. The Gallery does have the authority to offer a 10% customer discount to make the sale, in which that price becomes the Retail Price. The Gallery shall process sales at the close of each month. Checks and statements listing works sold are sent out by the 15th of the following month.
4. Transportation Responsibilities. Packing and shipping charges, insurance costs, other handling expenses, and risk of loss or damage incurred in the delivery of Artworks from the Artist to the Gallery, and in their return to the Artist, shall be the responsibility of the Artist.
5. Fiduciary Responsibilities. Title to each of the Artworks remains with the Artist until the Artist has been paid the full amount owing him for the Artworks; title then passes directly to the purchaser. Artist must supply an Inventory Sheet to Gallery, with image title, size, medium, and retail cost. All proceeds from the sale of the Artworks shall be held in trust for the Artist. Gallery assumes responsibility for work stolen or damaged through theft. Gallery assumes risk of customer credit, and all losses are to be borne by the Gallery. The Artist shall be reimbursed for the full retail sale amount at the time of the claim. Gallery does not assume responsibility for damage due to acts of God, and Artist is encouraged to have own insurance. The Artist shall be responsible for any damage caused due to faulty framing or construction of the art work. No protruding hooks on Artworks and must be ready to hang with proper framing wire. No string, fishing line or saw tooth hooks.
Artist Signature Gallery Director/Manager
Inventory sheet for: ______________________ ______________________
Artist Name Date
Title Medium Size Price